Wednesday, September 10, 2014

My first Fairy House




 Hubby and I are both off this week putting up a new fence and re arranging the garden. I had wanted to make a Fairy Garden a few years ago and just never had the time, so this week I decided to have a go. 
 I've been all over the internet looking at Fairy houses and eventually sent for one which should be here tomorrow. In the meantime I decided to have a go at making one myself.  I must say I haven't had so much fun in years. I bought a packet of Air  Drying clay and set about building one as I watched the TV tonight and tried to make it as quirky as possible, I even made a few mushrooms too. I forgot how much fun clay modeling is.  When it's dry in a couple of days I will paint it with Acrylics and give it a few coats of varnish.
My head is buzzing now with loads of other ideas for my Fairy garden, who knows it might end up a whole village...lol
I'll post more pics when it's finished.

 Have you got a Fairy garden?... I'd love to hear about it.....

1 comment:

  1. WOW Vera, you have indeed made a fabulous fairy house. I love the design and all the texture, can't wait to see it finished. Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for your lovely comment, I love reading them and appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog xx Vee