Friday, November 26, 2010

Something a little different....



Hi there, as I was just sitting here sipping my glass of wine I decided to share my Wine Glass Charms with you.
I made loads of these a few years back when I had the family over for a New Year Party. As I have loads of female relatives who are partial to the odd glass of Vino..... I decided it would be nice to make some wine charms to identify each of the glasses. You know what it's like at a party ....you put your glass down go off to chat to someone and then can't find your own glass among all the others on the table so the charm helps you find your particular glass.

They are so easy to make... here's the recipe...

Take a piece of craft wire any colour approx 3cm long...make a small loop at one end, thread your chosen colour of beads on to the wire and make another small loop to close. Make a coil of wire big enough to go around the stem of the glass, I coiled it three times to make it secure and thread your charm on to it.
Try and make each one unique so that your guest knows their glass. Imade mine very simple but you could add a little butterfly, heart, strawberry, fairy charm etc to make them really fancy. They look really lovely and festive and everyone knows their own glass and they are so much fun to make.

Please remove before placing the glass in the dishwasher.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Vee,
    What a fabulous idea. I really think that this is very ornate. I love it.
    Hope you mum continues to improve.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. Love the gate fold and the pretty flower embellishments. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for your lovely comment, I love reading them and appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog xx Vee