Monday, December 24, 2012

What to do with all those coins in the jar......

Hi, this is not Christmas related at all but I thought that you might like to have a go at this simple project the next time you're looking for something different to try.
  I first saw this on Pintrest and I had it on my list of things to do. The lady on Pintrest used copper pennies as that was her colour scheme in her kitchen. My kitchen is silver and black so I decided to use 5 pence pieces instead.
The Paper Mache letters were bought in Hobby Craft and they are 8 inches high, you can find these letters in most good craft outlets. I gave them a base coat of Gesso and then I painted them with Silver Acrylic and left them to dry overnight. The coins were laid out on each letter first before I glued them down. You  will have to use a strong glue for this, one that will stick metal to metal, I used UHU all purpose glue. At the moment I have placed them vertical on the wall but I may change them to horizontal later on. 
It's a great way to use up all you pennies in jars, have a go it's a fun project and can be done for any room in the house, the posibilties are endless.I thought of doing an 18 or 21st with coins or why not cover the numbers in flowers or beads for a Birhtday Girl.
 Here are the pics






If you've got some time off during the Festive season why not have a go..........


1 comment:

  1. Ingenious Vee, they look fabulous. Have a lovely Christmas. Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for your lovely comment, I love reading them and appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog xx Vee