Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Top Tip Tuesday Tutorial....Alter a tin...and the challenge is use Metal









Good morning! and a very Happy New Year to everyone.
Before I tell you about this weeks challenge I thought I would give you a little update on my Mum. She came through her 2nd operation okay and is now recovering well. Hopefully we will get her home in the next couple of weeks. A huge thank you to everyone for all your get well wishes and prayers for her.

****************

I hope you all had a lovely time over the festive season and now you're ready to get crafting again. This week at Top Tip Tuesday the lovely Moriah is showing us Altered Tins. My contribution to this week is a Jack Daniels tin from last Christmas, you know the ones with a miniature bottle of Jack D and a small glass. Nooooo!! It's not mine...lol it's my Son's.
I have altered it to make a tin for a fisherman to use. Very easy to do and quite decorative looking. The images are from DRS Designs.com....the image on the lid is called Fishing Square and you can find it here and inside the lid the image is called Fishing Rules and is here, both great images for the fisherman in your family.
I used a check ribbon from my stash to cover the sides and a clip art image of a fish. On top of that I added some some plastic mesh from some fruit bags. I made a fishing hook from a paperclip some beads and jewellery findings and added some jumbled up twine to finish it off.
I gave it to my Sister in Law's Hubby yesterday as he's the only guy I know who goes fishing and he loved it.
So on to this weeks challenge which is to use METAL on your projects, could be a brad a charm anything metal. The choice is yours. We are really looking forward to a New Year full of fab tutorials for you on the TTT blog and we also have some new members on our teams too, so lots of fab new ideas for you every week and as always amazing prizes from our fabulous sponsors. Why not pop over and see the lovely projects our DT have for you.
Happy crafting


4 comments:

  1. Hi Vee, and happy new year! :)

    I saw this challenge over on TTT, and thought wow! Now, I dont have any tins or anything like that, but I think they look fantastic!

    I love the netting round the sides - very fishy! :)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Project hunny! love it! lovely to meet you! can't wait to start playing, hugs Samantha :0)

    Glad to hear your Mum is doing well! hugs to her too! Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vee...This is absolutely stunning! Your creativity is immense! I just love the shiny in the middle. You are SO sweet with your comments I had to pop over and see that your work is JUST AS SWEET as you...but of course! And multi facetted!!! You get around (on these blogs!!!) I can't wait to see what else you come up with! Squishy hugs, samara xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful project! I love the sentiment! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for your lovely comment, I love reading them and appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog xx Vee